Interviews by Gary James - Index
Gary James files his interviews from Syracuse, NY.
- Laurance Ratner Interview. (Jan 25, 2000)
- Photographer and author Laurance Ratner has put together what may very well be the
ultimate rock photography book. It’s titled “Live Dreams” and the focus is Led Zeppelin.
- Iron Maiden Interview. (Oct 5, 1999)
- When you're talking Heavy Metal, you're talking Iron Maiden!
While it's true they didn't invent the style, it almost seems like it. Their career has spanned
22 years now and they've sold something like 45 million albums...Guitarist Dave Murray gave us an in-depth look at the history of the band.
- Who Killed Kurt Cobain? The Max Wallace Interview. (May 4, 1999)
- It was five years ago, April 8, 1994 that the world learned of Kurt Cobain's death. While
officially labeled a suicide, the continuous speculation surrounding the circumstances of Kurt's
death has never stopped. It's been long rumored, but never proven, that Kurt Cobain was in fact
- Motorhead Interview. (Mar 30, 1999)
- They're one of the most enduring, not to mention hardest working, bands in the business.
Since 1975, "Headbangers" the world over have been listening to a unique brand of metal known
as "Motorhead." Led by lead vocalist and bassist Lemmy Kilmister, Motorhead and Co. have
traveled the world, performing for tens of thousands of fans.
- Janis Joplin Remembered: The Sam Andrew Interview. (Feb 2, 1999)
- It's hard to believe, but Janis Joplin has been gone for almost 30 years now. Gone - but
not forgotten. Columbia Records released a commemorative CD Box Set on Janis.
The band that performed with Janis - Big Brother and The Big Brother's members, Mr.
Sam Andrew talks about his time with Janis.
- Brenda Lee Interview. (May 12, 1998)
- She is credited with more double-sided hit singles than any other women in the history of
pop music. She has charted in more categories (Pop, Rock, Easy Listening, Country and R&B) than
any other finals in the history of recorded music.